1541 Ultimate II new 3.0 beta 4 firmware

geoanas

Commodore Vampire
Staff member
Reaction score
Κυκλοφόρησε εδώ και λίγες μέρες νέο beta firmware (3.0 beta 4) για το 1541 Ultimate II

ΠΡΟΣΟΧΗ: Ακόμη είναι σε beta έκδοση :!:

Οι πρώτες δοκιμές...Από Richard of TND σε σχετικό post μέσα στο forum του 1541UII
(Απαιτείται registration
:arrow: http://www.1541ultimate.net/content/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=14&id=13429&Itemid=147)

Here's some good and bad things about this build of the firmware. Also wishlist

Improvements:

Tape adapter loads most programs much better. It finishes off loading the last bit of data before automatically stopping. Now works on Ocean/Imagine/Hit Squad games with freeload - without crashing at the end of the tape image.

Ability to copy + paste filenames. Please don't expect too fast speed :)

USB WIFI/LAN access (Access the internet on a real C64 with limitations). - I haven't used that option, as I don't know whether or not my Belkin wireless adapter would work in the device. (802.11g - 54 Mbps) or how to use this option.

:)

Drawbacks (Bugs):

The highlighter is not always working. Accessing user interface options, seem to ignore the drop down menu. Therefore to select options or colours, I had to cycle through each option, instead of have proper access to the menu.

The new method of creating new .D64's, etc makes things more confusing. Instead of automatically refreshing the directory, like in FWV2.6K. I have to leave the directory and come back to the directory again for it to refresh. Rename, etc.

Most important feature for me in FWV2.6K was the Capture Save to TAP and Sample Tape to TAP options. In this current version of FW. I am unable to continue with testing of tape my own mastering projects/tools. The option can be highlighted, but after pressing RETURN. I cannot create a .tap image, or enter a filename of the .tap

Wishlist:

Tape multi-load handling:

Perhaps an option in which allows you to pause the tape. Then copy/paste a milestone as a separate .tap (zero tape counter position)

Rewind/FFWD option. Some loaders require rewinding/ffwding via a timer, by locating a current position of a tape. Games, such as GEMX, P47 Thunderbolt, Super Space Invaders, Catalypse, Turrican 1+2 are some examples of intelligent tape loading functions

TAP/Tape addition:
While recording tap to tape. INC $D020 DEC $D020 visual effect, so you know whether there are gaps, or data being stored. Also an auto-stop for after the tap has finished copying to a real tape.
Για όσους θέλουν να δοκιμάσουν...Download εδώ :
:arrow:

Attachments

geoanas

Commodore Vampire
Staff member
Reaction score
Σήμερα πέρασα μια βόλτα από την επίσημη σελίδα και αντίκρυσα αυτό...

:arrow: http://www.1541ultimate.net/
:shock: :eek: :shock:

Λέτε να σημάνει το ...τέλος του 1541 Ultimate-II :?:

nkary

Too Retro to post!
Reaction score
Κρίμα ρε, σε κάποιον δεν άρεσε κάτι μάλλον

chriskgnr

Retro Guru
Reaction score
διαδικτυακή καφρίλα. τι να πει κανείς... :(

geoanas

Commodore Vampire
Staff member
Reaction score
Το site επανήλθε, δίνει και την καινούργια beta για κατέβασμα ...αλλά τα νέα κάθε άλλο παρά ευχάριστα είναι...

2015-11-06
All units have been shipped, and there are none left for sale.

Please hold your payment.

New production MAY start again this year, but NO NEW UNITS will be available anymore this year.

Pricing: Because of the more expensive US Dollar, and increased pricing of the FPGA component (+40%), I needed to increase the price of the Ultimate-II unit with 15%, to € 149.95 incl. VAT. The prices of the Flash cards, tape adapter and USB2LAN accessories have been lowered.

Due to personal circumstances, the project is at a slower pace now.
:roll: :!: